Main Function Area
Health, Safety & Environment
•Prepare patient, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials and assist Dentist during dental procedures.
•Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
•Conduct inventory of consumables of stock, maintenance of Dental Services equipment, materials and stock inventories and raise purchase requisitions when needed
•Complete service orders on maintenance work for dental care equipment.
•Update and maintain patient records.
•Assist with first-aid in cases of fainting or allergic reaction, i.e. with basic life support and medical emergency responsibilities.
•Assist in the case of Dental Emergency response, i.e. assisting the Dentist providing Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) if necessary and calling for medical emergency response team.
•Adhere to infection control policies always disposing of clinical waste, sharps and body fluids safely and appropriately.
•Maintaining general tidiness within the assigned working areas giving emphasis on infection control at all times.
•Performing duties delegated by superiors and Practice Manager.
Diploma as Dental Assistant
To assist the Dentist in providing Primary Dental Care, i.e. in carrying out dental procedures, infection control in the room, patient education, liaises with dental lab, patient escort and basic life support to the patients in case of emergency.
• Diploma as Dental Assistant (essential).
• Diploma in Medical Nursing or Bachelor Dental Degree (preferred).
• Certificates in Cross Infection Control and Four Handed Dentistry, which would enable registry as a Dental Surgery Assistant with the Supreme Council of Health (SCH) in Qatar (recommended).
• Licensed as a Dental Assistant/Nurse from the Supreme Council of Health (SCH) or getting one within 6 months (essential).
• BLS (Basic Life Support) (essential).
• Experience and Other Skills:
• Minimum of 3-5 years dental assistant experience in a primary dental care practice (essential).
• All registration and/or licenses and/or certifications need to remain current and active while under Employment (essential).
• Proficient in written and verbal English (essential).
• Sound communication and interpersonal skills (essential).
• Valid Qatar driving license (preferred).
• Occasional exposure to the risk of contracting contagious conditions, communicable diseases, blood, body fluids, etc.
• Must maintain patient confidentiality.
• May be required to work shifts and in various locations.